Cancellation/ Modification Policy
Amsham Travels believes in helping its customers as far as possible and has, therefore, a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy:
- Cancellations will be considered only if the request is made within 72 hours of placing an order. However, the cancellation request will not be entertained if the orders have been communicated to the vendors/merchants and they have initiated the process of shipping them.
- There is no cancellation of orders placed under the Same Day Delivery category.
- No cancellations are entertained for those products that the Amsham Travels marketing team has obtained on special tours like Group Tour, etc. These are limited occasion offers, and therefore cancellations are not possible.
- In case you feel that the product (trip) received is not as shown on the site or as per your expectations, you must bring it to the notice of our customer service within 24 hours of receiving the product. The Customer Service Team after looking into your complaint will take an appropriate decision.
- Amsham Travels or its affiliate partners will not be liable for any Visa rejections, Hotel and Tour cancellation policies would still stand as they are.
- Refunds can only be given in cases of inclusions mentioned in package confirmed by a customer are not delivered by the booking agent. Refunds will not be given in any other case.
- If due to unforeseen circumstances, the traveler has to pay for the inclusions already mentioned in the package, refund claims for the inclusions part of the package may be considered and refunded upon submission of proper receipts, provided this was pre-informed to Amsham Travels advisor or travel agent.
- Amsham Travels guarantees delivery of services booked through Amsham Travels. In case a part package is booked by the traveler, or outside of Amsham Travels, no claim against such services shall be entertained.
- In case local attractions are closed for maintenance/weather conditions/government orders/strike/curfew/natural calamity/other unforeseen reasons, Amsham Travels/travel agent will try its best to reimburse the appropriate traveler amount against the same in case refund is possible. However, Amsham Travels/travel agent are not obligated for the same and cannot be held liable for it.
All services such as hotel accommodation & transportation are pre-blocked well in advance. We are liable to pay penalties to all our suppliers/vendors /Independent Contractors if these services are released within a mentioned time frame.
CANCELLATION/AMENDMENT BY COMPANY
We reserve our right to amend or cancel the tour booked by you, without assigning any reason. Such amendment or cancellation may be due to circumstances beyond our control. In such cases, we will offer you alternative tour dates tours, or you would have the option of traveling as individual travelers, not as part of the original tours. If the alternative date of the tour is not acceptable or you do not wish to travel as individual travelers, we would refund the money paid by you without interest after deducting any costs incurred by us on your behalf, within a period of forty-five days from the date of amendment or cancellation. However, we would not be responsible or liable to pay any compensation or damages or consequential loss or to refund any other expense incurred by you.
CANCELLATION OF BOOKING BY YOU
Should you wish to cancel your booking, you must notify us in writing. Such notification shall be deemed to have been given to us only on the date of the receipt of your letter since we can act only on receipt. Please state the reason for your cancellation as it may be covered by your insurance policy. Claims must, however, be made direct to your insurance company. The following cancellation charges shall apply irrespective of the reason for cancellation. You understand and acknowledge that these charges are a genuine pre-estimate of the damages that we will suffer on account of cancellation. You understand that these damages are called liquidated damages in legal language, which are payable without proof of actual damages. You agree not to dispute such deductions or to demand proof of actual damages.
In the following cases you shall be deemed to have canceled the tour even if no cancellation notice is issued by you:
- In a case of visa rejection, you would be deemed to have canceled on the date of intimation of such rejection. Please see our Visa Guidance section for further details
- If you fail to pay the tour costs in time or if you commit any other default concerning your booking, we may treat such failure or default as a cancellation of the booking by you. In such case, the cancellation charges shall be computed concerning the date on which we issue you a notice of cancellation;
- If on your failure of payment or other default, no notice of cancellation is issued by us, but your payment or default remains outstanding on the date of departure. The booking shall be deemed to have been canceled by you without any notice, inviting the highest cancellation charge. You expressly agree to abide by the preceding terms and conditions.
Under this policy:
- If you are, for any reason, not entirely happy with your purchase, we will cheerfully issue the applicable refund provided such refund is sought pursuant to cancellation and the request for same is made within 72 hours of your purchase and shall be further subject to the travel agent having not processed your order. To request a refund, simply contact us with your purchase details within three (3) days of your purchase.
- Please include your order number (sent to you via email after ordering) and optionally tell us why you’re requesting a refund – we take customer feedback very seriously and use it to constantly improve our products and quality of service. Refunds are being processed within 21 days period however, we shall not be liable for any default caused in processing the refund amount owing to the delay caused by processing bank.
- Any amendments/additions to package (dates, inclusions, itinerary, etc.), will be done at extra cost to the customer. Changes made to the package will be made as per cancellation policy of the original package and customer has to bear the cost incurred due to this.
- In case of force majeure cases (such as curfew, riots, etc.), Amsham Travels shall not be liable for any losses made thereof.
- Circumstances amounting to “force majeure” include any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not even with all due care, foresee or forestall such as (by way of example and not by way of limitation) war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, acts of God, adverse weather conditions, and all similar events.
RATE OF EXCHANGE APPLICABLE TO REFUNDS
Please note that refunds of foreign exchange component of the tour cost will be based on our buying rate of that date. When we receive Indian rupees from you in relation to a booking, we convert them into the foreign exchange component of the tour cost at our selling rate, then applicable. and credit the proceeds in our bank account However, when we refund the foreign exchange component to you in Indian rupees, we do so at our buying rate applicable on the date of refund, because the bank will convert the money at the buying rate and credit the same in Indian rupees.
NO REFUND FOR UNUTILIZED SERVICES
It is clearly understood that there shall be no refund or compensation whatsoever for unutilized services. This general rule applies to all kinds of non-utilization or under-utilization of tour services, whether of the whole or part of the tour and whether as a matter of your choice, or caused by your fault or compelled by circumstances such as ill-health, weather, external factors etc. As a consequence of the above rule, please note that no refund will be admissible in the following circumstances (amongst others]. There would be no refund if you fail to join the group at the commencement of the tour or join the group later or leave the group before culmination of the tour for any reasons whatsoever, There will be no refund if you fail to or are unable to utilize any of th e services on the tour like airline travel, hotels, sightseeing, rides, cruises, meals, entrance fees, optional tours etc due to any reason whatsoever such as late reporting, ill-health etc.
If the tour or any part thereof cannot be conducted due to Force Majeure or Vis Majeure, the Company shall not be responsible or liable to offer any refund to you. However, at its sole discretion, the Company may give the refund based on various factors such as the number of participants, the cancellation policies of suppliers like hoteliers, coach operators, etc. and the decision of the Company on the quantum of refund shall be flnal and binding upon you. it would take at least 45 days to process the refund (if due). It is clearly understood that there shall be no refund whatsoever if the Client does not or cannot utilize any of the services like hotels, sightseeing, rides, cruises, meals, entrance fees, optionals etc. due to any reason whatsoever.